Saturday, January 14, 2012

Waiting on the Winks

  Hi everybody!

It is a cold Saturday morning, but just knowing I get to spend my afternoon and evening with dear friends makes it feel more like a warm sunny spring day.  A precious friend is getting married and so I will spend my afternoon and evening celebrating this day with her.  She will be one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen. 

As I get ready for this day I cannot help but think about Squire Rushnell’s book When God Winks on Love.


Its funny, I have given away hundreds of his books to friends and passers-by -


When God Winks;


When God Winks at You;


When God Winks on Love; and


When God Winks on New Beginnings - and yet, if God wants to tell me something about love, I do not think your normal wink would do.    He would probably have to wink with both eyes and find some way to jump up and down so that I would know it could only be Him. :D I am not trying to be disrespectful in the least.  Its just that I have seen too many people in my life time ignore winks, red flags, signs…what ever you want to call them, and walk/run down the aisle headed toward disaster.


And if you are/were one of those people, who could see the red flags, but closed your eyes and said “I do” any way…well then not wanting to make the same mistake once more could leave you in a temporary state of blindness when it comes to winks on love.


Yes, my eyes are pretty much closed tight with respect to this, but with all the other God Winks He has sent and continues to send my way, when the time is right He’ll take my blinders off. If this is your first time to hear about God Winks, then I would encourage you to check out SQuire's Facebook page and website.  Just know that God LOVES to wink and He LOVES to wink often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...