Thursday, March 26, 2020

A Mother Prays

Hi everyone,


Tonight I write with a some what heavy heart. Like so many others I have children in the health care profession. My daughter is a nurse. My son-in-law is a fireman. They have my miracle granddaughter who was born with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia. My oldest son is a nursing student and nurse ex-tern at one of the local hospitals. 


Tomorrow they go to work, soldiers in a war against an enemy that we cannot see. As a mom, and a Christian I have to practice what I preach. Walk the walk, not just talk the talk. 

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 
2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)

I have to hold on to my mustard seed once again, like I did when our precious Lily Claire came into this world. In terms of my own health concerns, I am trusting that God is not done with me yet. He has work for me still to do for Him on this side of heaven. Just like I did when we were waiting on Lily Claire's arrival I am leaning into God's Word. 


I am keeping abreast of the COVID-19 numbers, but I am staying away from television and social media as much as possible. The hardest challenge that I face is reminding myself that my children are gifts to me from God that I am blessed to have for as long as He sees fit. My youngest son is going to be an officer in the Army. My worry for him is only just beginning. BUT, BUT, I have always told my all three of my children that they are to go where they feel God is calling them...because they are His first.  

I know there are countless mothers throughout the world tonight that are also trying to settle their souls when the worry starts to creep in. I am trying to "be still, and know" that He is God (Psalm 46:10), and He has a plan for everything that we experience in this life.



So in the days ahead, please know that you are all in my prayers. 
Please know that I am praying for each and everyone of our precious babies. 

We may not know what tomorrow brings, but we know who is watching over us. And with that thought I can go to sleep placing my life and my the lives of my children and grandchildren in His hands.

I'll write again soon.

Sending you a virtual hug, 
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...