Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Finding the Calm in Chaos

Hi everyone!


WOW, what a day!!! Yesterday being our first day of classes, it was a long day for me. Needing to finish up some things though I decided to just take my work home. Funny how after being off for 4 days my son decides to finally produce the requirements for his science project. Normally not a procrastinator, this was more a case of having never done this type of assignment before…but I have to tell you, it made this tired momma feel ill just looking at what needed to be done.


Now I do have to say that even though I am divorced my ex-husband and I do work well together for our kids. These guys come first in both of our lives whether it pertains to their education or one of the sports that they are involved in. So we threw it in to high gear to help our guy.

Yes I was exhausted and I knew that helping him was going to put me way behind on my own work.  However, I also know that this sweet child will be the one that takes care of his momma when she is old which makes it worth the added effort and short term chaos.


It is funny how one little group of stapled paper/instructions can turn a productive day into instant chaos. One of my dear friends has said that some of my days are so busy; it is like I am running around with my hair on fire. Yes, it feels like that today!!!

So how do I do it, how do I find calm within this chaos? After all, we all have times in our lives when chaos swirls all around us. On this chilly morning I took a deep breath and simple prayed “Lord, I can ONLY accomplish all that needs to be done today with YOUR help. I am exhausted and cannot do this by myself.”


Maybe this is why when I read the words a friend once wrote I knew I had to put them into one of my novels.

“A kind and loving 'I need you' will make me come running no matter where I am to find you.” 

WOW!!  Having spent my entire adult life taking care of the rest of the world and calming chaos in the lives of my kids, students, family, and friends the only person that I have ever been able to call out to with a “kind and loving ‘I need you'” is the Lord.

There is an INCREDIBLE book called Falling in Love with Jesus, that basically teaches this very same thing to women.  Once we can reach a point in our lives where we realize that the only person in our lives who can truly calm our chaos is Him, that there will not be a prince charming galloping up on a white horse, then no matter what life throws our way, we can handle the chaos.

I know, I know…way too many chick flicks, but the point I’m trying to make here is this. No one is perfect and we cannot blame others for the chaos that we may encounter from time to time; nor can we expect a Prince Charming to come and calm our storms. God calmed the storm and parted the sea, not Prince Charming!! :D

However, I do think that where we as women long to have someone we can call upon when we need help along life’s journey, God longs to have us call out to Him with a “kind and loving ‘I need you’” and He too will stop whatever He is working on at the moment to help us find true calm within our soul even in the midst of chaos!!.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...