Monday, January 9, 2012

Relaxing with the Rain

Hi everyone!

As I drove through the rainy streets of Louisiana today, I could not wait to get home to write.  Yes, I know LSU is playing, but for just a brief little time in my day I want to enjoy the quiet and the lullaby of the rain.  Some find rainy days depressing, but for me they bring sunshine to my soul. 


Some of my best memories have been made in the rain. :D 



The is nothing more invigorating than running in the rain; nothing more relaxing then curling up by a fire with a good book on a rainy day; and nothing that warms my heart more than being inside with the ones I love on days like this.

I think the rain just manages to wash away the cares of the world, in much the same way as a hug allows us to carry someone’s burdens, even if for a brief moment in time.








Yes, we all have to deal with rain and  sometimes even storms in our lives, but when these pass, which believe it or not they always do, I am always reminded that yes, if we wait patiently there is a treasure at the end of the rainbow.  Of course my idea or treasure and your idea of treasure may be two totally different things, but is that not what makes life so interesting and exciting??!!





Off to enjoy my peace and quiet before the Tigers begin to roar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...