Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Rest & Rejuvenate

Hi everyone!

Having felt under the weather for the past several days, I'm taking life at a little slower pace.  What's funny though is that sick or not, sometimes the words just hit me and I have to write.  And this can happen at any time of the day or night; so write I have done. 


As I sit here on this beautiful evening and listen to the squirrels call to each other and the water run in the creek after yesterday's rain I am reminded how as a writer I tend to see the little things. I notice the sound of the neighbor's geese in the distance; I can treasure the beauty of the woods while the cars pass by so hurriedly on the highway. The moment when the squirrels stop conversing among themselves and the crickets take over is like the strings in the symphony. It's kind of like life really, though sometimes life may swirl around us, it's up to us to stop and enjoy the view.


There are times when we are forced to slow down and then there are times when we must carve out time in our busy schedule to stop and take it all in. If there is one thing I have learned in my 50 years on this earth, life does go by in the blink of an eye.  When I have had to slow down, through no fault of my own, I always try see how I can use the experience.  Sometimes this isn't easy; sometimes it isn't fun; but ALWAYS it can make us stronger and often times wiser.


So while I rest, I write, and plan the next phases for my Curiosity Cottage - waiting with great anticipation the arrival of the lightening bugs, the wild jasmine, honey suckle & magnolias. I also pray I don't come across a coyote or bear, but hey, anything is possible in my little corner of the world. And as Helen Keller once said, "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." I'll take the adventure any day!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...