Friday, July 29, 2011

How do you find rest???

Hi everyone,

I am off to an extra early start today so that I can go and check on my mom.  As I watch more and more of my friends also taking caring of their parents, it makes me even more aware of how much we need to check on each other.  Yes, this is the natural progression of life, but that does not make it any less exhausting, both emotionally and physically.  My kids know I can tear up at a good commercial..."mom, it is just TV"...  I just have a tender heart, so for me I have found this process to be extremely emotional!!  At the same time though, I am striving to find a balance so that I can also take care of myself.  If we allow ourselves to get too exhausted, then we are of no use to kids or our parents, all of whom need us.


So yes, I will head out early, but I will also make sure I take a bit of time this afternoon to rest.  I am also sooooo praying that I can also fit some time in this weekend to sew.  I have some orders to get done, but creating is therapy for my own soul!!!  When I make things for others, it is relaxing for me.  Some would consider it extra work, but it is here that I find rest.

So what about you, what helps you during stressful times find peace and a bit of rest?  I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...