Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm climbing Mount Everest, one step at a time!!


Hi everyone,

Well this weekend “I may have lost the battle, but not the war”!!  :D  Taking care of mom meant no time for sewing, but by Sunday I was so exhausted I had no choice but to take care of me!!  :D  I have found over these past several weeks that taking care of mom is like taking care of my youngest son…both are very strong willed and determined individuals.  It so reminds me of the book, “Love You Forever”, that she bought for me when I had Sarah, almost 21 years ago.  


On my way home from exercising tonight, I could not help but think “careful what you pray for.”  At the beginning of my summer break I prayed for strength, but I was thinking in terms of physical strength with my arm on the mend; little did I know that I was going to have obstacles put in my path that would force me to gain a different kind of strength.    


While this has not been a fun process or the one that I would have chosen, the experiences of this summer have left me feeling like I am almost at the top of Mount Everest…after all I have two weeks left to finish this climb.  If for one minute anyone would think that I would not make it to the summit, which was my goal for the summer…well then they would not know me very well!!  :D

Look out world!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...