Sunday, August 7, 2011

What happened to my yellow brick road???

Hi everyone,

Isn't it amazing how so many of us watched "The Wizard of Oz" when we were kids, but once we become adults, it becomes painfully obvious that there is no yellow brick road.  So many of use go down paths, that may be a bit rocky, but are still lined with beautiful flowers.  These flowers bloom every so often in different seasons to give us hope and make us smile.

I must say that this pretty much describes the path my life is currently on.  However, since I tend to look at the glass as being "half full" instead of "half empty," I have child-like faith that as I age and life teaches me all of the lessons she has in store, that one day my life may still have a gravel path, with dips and bumps in the road from time to time....

but this path will also be lined with majestic trees to provide beauty & shade.  See these scenes aren't just seen in movies and if I can find them while traveling down remote Louisiana highways, then God can also lead me down a beautiful, tranquil path, providing me with shade and protection.  After all when we

"Delight ourselves in the Lord 
and He will give you 
the desires of your heart." ~ Psalm 37:4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...