Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm teaching my kids to dance in the rain!!

Hi everyone,

I am so excited about all of the progress I am making at my little cottage this evening.  It is so easy sometimes when life is chaotic to try and wait for things to settle down to get back to your dreams and goal.  I learned a very long time ago that if we wait until our life is "perfect" to accomplish the things we most want, we will be waiting a very long time...quite possibly forever.


This is why one of my favorite quotes is

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is learning to dance in the rain!!!" 

After all, whether you are dancing in the rain; running in the rain; or playing with your kids in the rain, doesn't it always seem to just wash all the stress and the worry away??!!  Taking time to dance during the storms that life brings your way will not only allow you to catch your breath and face the events in your life, it also serves as a great learning experience for our kids.  Allowing our kids to see that life is not perfect, that we will have trials and tribulations, but that if we stop periodically to allow ourselves to take care of ourselves and process what we are going through, we are teaching them to do the same when they are adults.  

So when your kids start back to school in a few short weeks and they are asked to write about their summer vacations, may they all be able to write "my mom taught me that I do not have to wait for all of the storms in life to pass me by, I need to learn to dance in the rain, right in the place where God has placed me!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...