Monday, June 27, 2011

This is the Day!!!

Hi everyone!


Waking up at 3 am, the Lord put the following verse on my heart.

“This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24

Since I fell in March I have had to spend much time in prayer. Since I have not been able to sew and embroider at my normal pace, I have tried to focus on taking my misfortune and turn it into a fortunate blessing!! This verse so reaffirms that to me this morning. It does not tell me it is going to be a great day, it tells us that no matter what life may brings my way today, God made the day and I am to rejoice and be glad. I can tell you from personal experience that it is indeed possible to rejoice and be glad even on the darkest of days. The exciting part about trials and tribulations though is that they refine our character. I would not be the woman and mom I am today had it not been for my life experiences, both good and bad.

Speaking of bad experiences, here I am three months after my fall, still trying to heal, still not knowing if I am going to need surgery and yet God is continuing to use this time in such an amazing way!! I am using this time to tend to my house and get it in order. In addition I have finally learned out to reach out to friends and ask for help. Having spent my entire adult life handling everything life required by myself; this was a huge thing for me. I have traveled the globe, moving back and forth between Europe several times, shipping household goods, pets and kids by myself and yet now with an injured right arm, everyday household chores are a challenge. My career and business all involve a computer, which I use to stay on for hours every day and now it might be days between times that I actually get on the computer.

That is okay though, I have taken this little bundle of lemons life has thrown my way, added them to my water and I am now doing the Daniel Fast. Yes, when all else fails and you need direction in your life, the best and surest course of action…just pray!!

I look so forward to see where this entire journey is going to lead so that I might share it with you. I am even more excited knowing that one day I will be healed and back to my normal pace of making and creating exciting things to show you. How long will this take, well that is the beauty about life, only God knows the answer to that question and for now He has not shared the answer with me.

So though this is Monday, “rejoice and be glad” and have a GREAT week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...