Thursday, February 24, 2011

Never count your chickens before they hatch…

Hi Everyone!

For some reason the words of my precious Meme came to mind this morning.

“Never count your chickens before they hatch.”

“Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket.”


“Why did the chicken cross the road”?? Wait, she didn’t say that…must be this early hour of the morning making me very easy to amuse!!

Since I spent my childhood surrounded by very strong women, often with very different perspectives on life, it has taken me to this point in life to find my balance and center myself. Always one to be more comfortable behind a pen or key board, if seems more and more often these days my friends and family have the reaction “wow, you said that. I didn’t know you had it in you?? You go girl!!” I prefer the attitude “Just Watch Me!!”

That is the funny part though, my business cards for Curiosity Cottage say “a place to explore my curiosity of life” and indeed that is what it has become. Not only do I explore life, but I am now comfortable in doing so. Yes at times life gets overwhelming; yes there are tons of things I need to do; no I am very far from perfect; but to me THE most important thing about this journey is that my AMAZING kids are happy, funny, LOVE the Lord, and love all the adventures that our little cottage in the woods brings to us.


We love collecting eggs and looking for all of the neat things that nature has to show to us here. I guess the best way for me to put this into words is to say, it is not perfect, but it is peaceful…and to me, that is priceless!! I am looking so forward to my projects for the spring and cannot wait to share pictures!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...