Friday, November 14, 2014

Wings on the Mend

Hi everyone!

As we get closer to Thanksgiving and I head into the weekend I cannot help but reflect upon the week and all that I have to be thankful for.  I will turn 49 next week and while some people dread the thought of turning 50, I CANNOT wait to see what God has in store for me during the next year!!


In my very full life I have been so blessed with such INCREDIBLE friends to help me walk through life's journey.  Supporting me in good times and bad, encouraging me along the way - well that is all any of us could ever hope for!


When Robin Williams died in August I took it very hard.  I think it was because his words were so meaningful to me...  "I use to think the worst thing in life was to end up alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone."

Sometimes we inadvertently allow people into our lives, who while on the surface may appear to have our best interest at heart, yet in reality all they are ever really concerned about are their own interests - even to the point of making us feel completely alone.  If we are not careful they can bankrupt us emotionally and financially.  Sometimes our true friends have to help us metaphorically throw water on our face in order for us wake up.


Once we take off the rose colored glasses we can then take the lemons that have been given to us and turn them into lemonade.  Slowly but surely our crushed spirit realizes it really does have wings and can fly yet again.


When traveling down a road such as this, the biggest blessings come in the form of unexpected God Winks sent from far away angels.  Angels sent to illuminate all that God has been trying to show me for so long.  Angels, who have also had their wings broken.  Yes, this angel will indeed fly!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...